What do you have to do to extract a dvd to your harddrive.
- If you have a protected DVD you can download dvddecrypter and install it.
- Decypt your DVD to your local harddisk.
- Download the program called Staxrip and install, it’s a opensource tool.
- Take the .vob files from the dvd directory and convert them to .avi files(Xvid codec).
- if you start the conversion the program will ask to install some extra conversion tools when you select to convert, these are all for the good purpose. I usually convert my movies to Xvid-codec-avi. This is widely used, so no problem for everyone to play on there pc.
Good luck and no converting of any illigal stuff…